Monday, July 25, 2011

Make a Note of It

book of shadows Pictures, Images and Photos




I've been doing a lot of reading lately, as always, but this morning was the first time I felt the urge to write something down. Although I've read and heard a lot about people keeping a Book of Shadows, I haven't felt a pull toward keeping one for myself. I just haven't been at the point of a commitment yet, and keeping a book sounds very much like a commitment to me.

However, as I was reading about Celtic traditions this morning, I came across a listing for the names of the full moons. I have a strong connection with the moon and night, and as I was reading the list I felt a desire to write these names down. Even as the thought passed through my mind that I could simply look them up online or enter these into a word document or notepad, the need for a book to write them in pressed more firmly on my mind. Thus my own book has been born...not necessarily a Book of Shadows, but a book of notes that may one day lead to that. Or it may remain a book of notes on nature or history that I keep with me. Either way, I feel even more firmly that I have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment